Thursday, July 17, 2014

Brand New Suit

Sept 16-18, 2011

I believe this is the first time the rig had any kind of even colour since I bought it, and a week long rest had the enameled paint curing nicely. However, I was on a tight time crunch and needed the booth for the rest of the puzzle, so I

sliced through my masking and hopped in.




I fired it up and pulled it out into the sunshine, all gleaming-fresh. Lets just say, this part of the stage felt good, and I was pretty proud of myself for almost seeing a vehicle related project through (I have a history of being bad at that, as my Willys trucks will attest to).




I knew I should be making progress on the doors, hood, and fenders, but I couldn't help but toss some of the trim and lights back in for a sneak peek. It was lookin pretty fresh.





I know Bondo has a bad name to real bodymen, and in the future I will try to work on my metal skills, but I was particularly proud of the dog leg at the back door, which was non-existent before. I welded in a patch panel but had to finish it in filler, I think it sculpted pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment