Friday, November 18, 2011

Giving it the Once Over

August 23, 2011
 Sit Rep: There are a few faults it must be said; the engine leaks oil, the tranny leaks fluid, the radiator is on borrowed time, the clock disappeared, the AC is disconnected, the rear view mirror has fallen off 4 times, and my left rear door lock is sticky. That being said I can live without AC, I can manually unlock 1 door, and I can look at my watch. The leaks I will have to fix before they turn my driveway into a tar sands. With winter coming on, my radiator will last me until the spring so I have shopping time (replacements are $800, re-core’s are $300).


I took the truck for a bit of a spin up into the countryside north of where I live, to test out the systems on some quieter backroad routes. It’s a fun drive; being in something much older than other cars on the road. There is a sense of nostalgia as you look past your non-airbag steering wheel out over the large hood with a chrome ornament perched atop it; very non-Kia.





I snapped a few Camera Phone pics of it parked at an old school house. I realize the patchwork of paint, primer, bondo, and steel make for an interesting look, but that will soon be gone, along with that out of place bumper which I took off when I got home.


No comments:

Post a Comment