Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Intro Blog - The Wagoneer

Ok, as an intro, I'll keep this quick. The point of this blog is more or less to get my experience of restoring a vehicle written down. I started it 2 years ago to the day, so now is as good a time as any to finally lay down what's left of my memories.

I've always been a Jeep purist type of person; only a jeep will do. One of my favourite Jeep models has always been the full size Wagoneer (or Grand Wagoneer, post 1984). For years I had been watching classified sites, taking note on country drives, looking for a suitable Wagoneer. The term suitable means that i could buy the thing for less than $800, and could drive it home from wherever it was taking up space. Tall order, which is why it took me years.

Big break: sometime in early November of 2007, I was perusing BuySell.com, when a fairly perfect 1991 G-Wag popped up In Toronto. the pricetag was $750, which was in my range, so i checked it out. The ad said (to the best of my recollection) that it had been used intermittently over the last year, and was licensed for the road. It didn't blow smoke, and had newish shocks, front brakes, catalyitic converter, windsheild and new tires. That being said, I contacted the guy and set up a time to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment