Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Things Are Slow...

Post March 16, 2008,

Not much happening at the moment. This was around the time that we were working on our chair designs, and as I Recall, mid-March was pretty hectic. I did take some pics however, but most of em are sort of more of the same thing I had taken previously.

Probably a Good a time as any to get around to doing a bit of background on the vehicle I seem to spend so much time on.

This Particular Grand Wagoneer was made in 1991; June to be exact. Through research that I did a while back, I found that they made only 1500 Grand's that year, and that Jeep finally brought a 30-year production run to an end in July of the same year; one month after mine was built. Significance? Of the several hundred thousand Wagoneers to leave the assembly line over the previous 3 decades, this particular one is one of the final 100-200 ever built. If I did some kind of vin.# check, i could probably find out how many were built after it. That sort of makes it special as a Final Edition unit (though the first owner opted not to have the commemorative plaque they put on the final model's dashboards). There is a body panel (the grille steel) that has been dated November 1992, leading me to believe it was a replacement panel for what could have been a small accident.

Specs:
Engine: 360 cu.in. V8; 2bbl Carb
Horsepower/Torque: 144hp/280lbft i think. thereabouts
Curb Weight: 6,200 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment