Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Patchwork

July 18, 2008

I'm Fairly certain I must have done something on the vehicle between mid april and this point. Likely a few electrical things, some engine stuff, or making more lists.

The meat of this post was my surmounting of the driver's side rocker panel and front floor area. Getting the rocker pieces to line up to each other was as easy as; to quote John Candy: playing pick-up sticks with your butt cheeks. It was difficult to say the least, but not impossible. I managed to get them welded together, then set about marking them out so i could match them up with what was left of my rockers. The AGCOW was brought in again to do some surgery, and it did a pretty good job, but my line up was a touch off in a couple places; as I left a slightly larger gap than I had wanted. I did the welding on the tailgate, splicing pieces together with braces made from scrap metal from the school's shop (as it turns out, most of the metal I did the floor with came from the school's scrap bin).



For the most part, I would say that everything went together quite well, and I was looking forward to rebuilding the bottom of the B-pillar (since the doors sort of just hung there, and the side of the truck wobbled when i closed the door).

No comments:

Post a Comment