Wednesday, December 9, 2009

...No Longer a Woodie...

April 18, 2008

It's gone. The supple and oh so quintessential woodgrain panelling that once bedewed the Luxury-Liner had to go. As much as I had wanted to keep it, there was some fairly serious cancer eating away underneath the vynil. A warm sunny day was the ticket, and it came (apparently) on the 18th. with no cloud cover, and warmer temperatures, the steel heated up quickly (especially being black paint). this allowed me to simply grab/slice a small corner, and begin peeling. If i peeled well, the woodgrain would peel of in one big sheet. it was all stretched and mangled by the end, but it was off. it also left most of the adhesive behind; but that doesnt matter cuz im stripping the paint anyways. I snapped only couple pics for some reason though.


One of my regrets was not taking more pictures; I would always get so into the work that I would completely forget to take snaps of what i was doing. This, in turn; leaves you the viewer without the true experience (that being said, I can picture some of you.. mainly Josh, saying "ya nobody cares Eric"). At any rate, I wish I took more pics for myself, so that I could remember what i did. From this point on (as in December 2009), I will try to take a lot more pictures.

That paint/rust on the grille steel is nasty. gotta fix that. I think the grille was off, just to make it feel more like a project-truck

No comments:

Post a Comment